Itefy Go is not a conventional app that is available through Apple App Store or Google Play, but instead a socalled Progressive Web App (PWA), which is based on cross-platform compatible web technology. We decived for different reasons to go this route, which enables us to spend less resources on managing different technological platforms and more on actual functionality.
The PWA app is just as secure as browsing a website; Although it feels like any other app, the code actually "lives" inside the web browser on your device. But since web technology has advanced a lot the last years, and still will be the years to come, the difference between a PWA and a native app for these kind of apps, is minimal.
To get started, open go.itefy.com on your smartphone as described in this help article.
On Android phones and tablets, there is a box with an install button at the top of the login page (or at the bottom of the dashboard page if you're already logged in).
- Tap the Install app button.
- The browser will ask you to confirm that the app will be installed. Confirm by tapping install.
- Wait while the app is being installed. It should only take a few seconds, and you will get a message on your screen when installed.
- Close the Itefy Go tab in your browser, and close the browser.
- Browse your apps. You should find Itefy Go as the last installed app.
- Optionally, tap-and-hold on the app icon, the select Add to homescreen to put Itefy Go easily accessible.
iOS/iPadOS (iPhone, iPad)
The web browser in iOS and iPadOS (Safari) works a bit different than on Android, so the Install app button does currently not appear (this might change in future updates). However, installing Itefy Go as an app is quite simple:
- Tap the Share button
- Scroll down and tap Add to Home Screen.
- You will be prompted to confirm and optionally change the app name. Confirm by tapping Add.
- The app icon will now appear on your phone as any other app.